Pages

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Time

I'm not good in time management nor I'm bad at it. I'm more in the middle. When it comes to myself,I push the time around but when it comes to people,I respect their time so I do as I've promised.

My entire life,I've encountered many people who doesn't respect time. When my friends and I plan to meet, I will be there on time or few minutes late but never more than 15 minutes late. Unless I have problems like family issue, car trouble or anything that takes time to handle, then I'll be a lot late. But I don't leave it as it is,I'll inform my friends about it.

Let's say,I'm meeting a friend at 5pm around Bangsar area. If I'm around KL area,I would leave early from wherever I am because the traffic jam gets real bad by 4pm.

Or

I'm out with group of friends 'A' and I'm supposed to meet group friends of 'B' in an hour then suddenly group 'A' tells me to stay few more minutes. I hate that. Sometimes I do stay, but not long enough to make me really late in meeting group 'B'. I'll nicely tell group 'A' that I have to meet group 'B' and don't want to be late. I'll work out my time,decide which road to take and think of where to park my car beforehand so it'll be a lot easier once I get there.

Its easy to me, don't ever break your promise. When you make a promise to meet someone at that time,keep it. Unless something more important comes up,then that's ok. If you resent it,then don't promise in the first place. Put yourself in that person's shoes and imagine when someone comes late or cancel on you at the last minute, how does that make you feel? Angry? I do get angry,annoyed and disappointed. Disappointed because apparently I'm not important enough for you to keep your promise. How you treat that person is how important he/she is to you.

Friends are important. Family first no matter what. Friends are important, don't treat them wrong. Treat them with respect!! Even if they're just your friends,it doesn't give you the permission to toy them around.

Wowee...from 'time' I'm now talking about 'friendship'...I'm blaming the medication.
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device via Vodafone-Celcom Mobile.

No comments: